The Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine (ACAM) recognises the importance of privacy protection and takes all practicable measures to ensure the privacy of any personal information provided to it for the conduct of Institute activities. Information provided to ACAM by members and other individuals is used exclusively for the conduct of ACAM activities and is not intentionally released to third parties, excluding entities with a specific, legal right to access that information, at any time or under any circumstances. ACAM will not sell, trade or transfer your information to outside parties.
Why does ACAM need your personal information?
ACAM holds personal information for the purposes of:
- assessing an applicant’s eligibility for membership;
- to ensure that the requirements of membership are maintained by members;
- maintaining contact with individual members on matters relevant to their membership; and,
- providing information to members regarding Institute business and other activities.
What information is collected?
The personal information ACAM collects from you generally includes your name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), academic qualifications, employment details and information required to process your membership, and for order processing and to facilitate payment.
All payments made using on-line facilities provided by ACAM are processed using a secure, external website. ACAM does not handle, collect, or store any of the financial or credit card details of persons making payments through the website and hence takes no responsibility for the security of that information.
How does ACAM collect your personal information?
ACAM collects your personal information through a range of sources including the membership application you fill in to join ACAM, any subsequent information you provide to keep your information current after joining ACAM, as well as information you provide at any ACAM related events, locations and functions.
How does ACAM use your personal information?
ACAM may use your personal information for a range of purposes including:
- To provide you with information you request about the events, products or services we offer members.
- To facilitate on-line payment of membership dues, event registrations, publications and other products or services.
- If necessary, to verify your identity and membership status.
- To contact you with ACAM information about new products or services, events, functions and special offers.
We will also send you electronic messages to inform you about upcoming events, products, and services. All electronic messages will identify ACAM. You may unsubscribe from email communication for these purposes at any time via the unsubscribe link or member portal.
Will ACAM give your personal information to anyone else?
ACAM will not sell, trade or transfer your information to outside parties without your consent.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. ACAM only permits its authorised personnel and authorised contractors to access your personal information.
Sometimes we may need to provide your personal information to our accountants, auditors or lawyers.
We strive to limit the information we give these organisations to what they need to perform their services for us or provide products or services to you. We also enter into contracts with these organisations that require them to meet the privacy standards we set for ourselves in protecting your personal information and to comply with the Privacy Act use the personal information only for the specific service we ask them to perform or the product or service that we ask them to provide, and for no other purpose.
ACAM Full members and Fellows are available publicly through the college’s web site for the sole purpose of promoting ACAM membership. Full members and Fellows can choose not to show their details on the website via the member portal.
Are your personal details secure?
The security of your personal details on the ACAM website will depend on both your actions and ours. When you use the website, we require you to take specific measures to protect against unauthorised access. They include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing your password part of your access code on initial access to your personal profile;
- Ensuring access codes given to you are secure;
- Trying to memorise your access codes;
- Not telling anyone of your access codes;
- Not keeping your computer and undisguised access codes together;
- Immediately telling us if you suspect the security of your access code(s) have been breached; and,
- Immediately changing your access codes if any breach is suspected.
Where is your information stored?
ACAM’s web site and membership database are stored on secure computer servers located in Australia. Email contact information used for the distribution of newsletters and other information is stored on secure computer servers in the United States of America.